"There are facts and data that are ignored in the maelstrom of social and economic agendas swirling about Copenhagen.
Greenhouse gases and their effects are well-known. Here are some of things we know:
• The most effective greenhouse gas is water vapor, comprising approximately 95 percent of the total greenhouse effect.
• Carbon dioxide concentration has been continually rising for nearly 100 years. It continues to rise, but carbon dioxide concentrations at present are near the lowest in geologic history.
• Temperature change correlation with carbon dioxide levels is not statistically significant.
• There are no data that definitively relate carbon dioxide levels to temperature changes.
• The greenhouse effect of carbon dioxide logarithmically declines with increasing concentration. At present levels, any additional carbon dioxide can have very little effect.
We also know a lot about Earth temperature changes:
• Global temperature changes naturally all of the time, in both directions and at many scales of intensity.
• The warmest year in the U.S. in the last century was 1934, not 1998. The U.S. has the best and most extensive temperature records in the world." (from) http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/dec/16/fact-based-climate-debate/
Now there are scientific facts we just never get to see. Why? I'm struggling to fathom why more effort goes into the killing of people in a useless war in Afghanistan than grasping facts such as these. It does, of course, give a lot of minuscule brains and giant egos a chance to strut and lord it over the world's peoples. Personally I consider the manner of the debate demeaning, deceitful and unnecessarily alarming. It comes across, as did nuclear defence, as a peg for politicos to hang taxation on. To think, we have a prat of a Prime Mentalist telling the world how great he is whilst incapable of walking into a room. Do read the link. it will astound you as to the bare faced lying we face. As for the third world, grasping, greedy despots who are screaming for bigger and better limos and jets at our expense. Snotty Nosepicker is daft enough to give it to them.
Mr Cameron, Obama, Cupboard Creep et al, time you went back to school.